McGrath Computer Learning Center
Improving Computer, Smartphone, and Tablet Skills of Adults in Aiken
We can teach you to use your computer (or tablet or smartphone), regardless of your experience level, in a relaxed manner tailored to adults.
We are here to help you improve your everyday technology skills. If you have never used a computer, we will get you started with our beginning courses. If you know the basics and want to refine your skills, we will help you with our advanced courses. You can browse all of our Course Descriptions here.
For more information, contact us.
Read more about McGrath...
Current News and Announcements
- Schedule Change. The Basic Excel course will now be taught on Mondays, from September 23 through October 14, at 12:30 to 2:30 PM. This is a one-week delay from the original schedule and gives you a few more days during which to register.
- Changes to Web Site. We have made some changes to our web site. The summary of the schedule has been made simpler and easier-to-read. The schedule is also now presented in traditional calendar format so that you may see the date of each meeting of a given class. On the Class Schedule Calendar, you may also click on a class name to open a new window that allows you to set an email reminder sent 24 hours before the class or export the calendar event to your personal Google, iOS/macOS, Outlook, or Yahoo calendar.
- New Classes. Check out our new classes for learning about connecting your phone, computer, and smart home devices in Introduction to Digital Networks and about posting and seeing creative ideas in Pinterest Introduction.
- McGrath Volunteers Giving Back. See the article in the Aiken Standard about McGrath volunteers helping out at the Lessie B. Price Aiken Senior and Youth Center.
- Sign-up for Mailing List. You may sign-up for our email list and/or our printed catalog mailing list online. Go to the sign-up form here.
- Volunteers Needed. If you have some computer skills—no need to be an "expert"— and would like the satisfaction of sharing them with others, come join us at McGrath. We especially need volunteers who are familiar with Apple products (Mac, iPad, and iPhone). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you're interested. No requirements except willingness to learn and ability to communicate.
- Windows 10. All of our desktop courses (except our Mac courses) are taught on computers running Windows 10. For our courses taught with a specific application, such as Microsoft Word 2013 or Microsoft Excel 2013, the course is the same under Windows 7, 8.1, or 10.
- Open Lab. When classes are in session, we conduct an Open Lab for students to attend and get help. You may also register for an upcoming course at Open Lab. Volunteers manning Open Lab will have forms and be ready to accept your registration and to try to answer any question you have. Open Lab is held Wednesday afternoon during the term from 3:00 until 5:00.
- Have a Question? If you have a question about our organization, check our our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. It presents answers to many questions about the McGrath Computer Learning Center and its courses. If you don't find an answer there, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com. You may also call us at (803) 641-3741.
McGrath Computer Learning Center
Office of External Programs, Continuing Education, and Conferences
University of South Carolina Aiken
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
Please add our site to the Bookmarks/Favorites in your web browser. You may do this easily by pressing the Ctrl and D keys together now (Mac users press Command and D).