McGrath Computer Learning Center
Improving Computer, Smartphone, and Tablet Skills of Adults in Aiken
We can teach you to use your computer (or tablet or smartphone), regardless of your experience level, in a relaxed manner tailored to adults.
We are here to help you improve your everyday technology skills. If you have never used a computer, we will get you started with our beginning courses. If you know the basics and want to refine your skills, we will help you with our advanced courses. You can browse all of our Course Descriptions here.
For more information, contact us.
Read more about McGrath...
Current News and Announcements
- Changes at McGrath. We have in the past conducted three terms a year: fall, winter, and spring. Each was eight weeks. The winter and spring terms always had lower enrollments, winter because it was cold, spring because it was getting warm and folks--students and volunteers--had other things to do. This year we are trying a different approach. Instead of two eight-week terms, we will conduct a single twelve-week term beginning in late January. Some of our more popular courses will be offered twice. Stay tuned in December for the schedule of classes.
- McGrath Volunteers Giving Back. See the article from WRDW News about McGrath volunteers helping out at the Lessie B. Price Aiken Senior and Youth Center. Features our own Ralph Dale on camera!
- Sign-up for Mailing List. You may sign-up for our email list and/or our printed catalog mailing list online. Go to the sign-up form here.
- Volunteers Needed. If you have some computer skills—no need to be an "expert"— and would like the satisfaction of sharing them with others, come join us at McGrath. We especially need volunteers who are familiar with Apple products (Mac, iPad, and iPhone). Send an email to email@example.com to let us know you're interested. No requirements except willingness to learn and ability to communicate.
- Windows 10. All of our desktop courses (except our Mac courses) are taught on computers running Windows 10. For our courses taught with a specific application, such as Microsoft Word 2013 or Microsoft Excel 2013, the course is the same under Windows 7, 8.1, or 10.
- Open Lab. When classes are in session, we conduct an Open Lab for students to attend and get help. You may also register for an upcoming course at Open Lab. Volunteers manning Open Lab will have forms and be ready to accept your registration and to try to answer any question you have. Open Lab is held Wednesday afternoon during the term from 3:00 until 5:00.
- Have a Question? If you have a question about our organization, check our our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. It presents answers to many questions about the McGrath Computer Learning Center and its courses. If you don't find an answer there, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at (803) 641-3741.
McGrath Computer Learning Center
Office of External Programs, Continuing Education, and Conferences
University of South Carolina Aiken
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
Please add our site to the Bookmarks/Favorites in your web browser. You may do this easily by pressing the Ctrl and D keys together now (Mac users press Command and D).